Mr. Yates was shocked at work and suffered a series of seizures as a result of several issues related to workplace desks. The desks, made by Hon, were defectively manufactured so that the resistance required to unplug a socket from the outlet was out of proportion to the strength of the clips holding the outlets to the desks.
The clips began to fail, causing the desk plates to drop between the outlet and the socket, producing an electric arc and fire. McBride Electric had miswired the Earthlink facility so that the arc and ensuing fire failed to trigger the breaker.
Attorneys’ Fees: $206,000.00
Minor Client received: $279,240.40